Something Classic Games
Based in Mission, Kansas, USA
PC / Mac OSX / Linux
An outcast with a fearful power ventures out into the unknown world to save her father and herself. Shadows of Adam is a unique take on a classic genre. A retro JRPG built for the modern era.
Shadows of Adam is the self-proclaimed modern day successor to the oft-heralded classic JRPGs of the ‘90s. A shining example of sensibility through contemporary design: it takes antiquated systems tarnished by time and polishes them to a shining gold standard for the next generation of retro RPG gaming. Its incredible story is backed by world-class pixel art and nostalgia-inducing music that you’ll be humming for decades to come. Random encounters, mindless dungeons, and empty dialogue are all tossed aside, favoring instead, substance through simplicity: only the choicest cuts of story make the game; every battle provides a meaningful challenge; each map is its own expression of exploration and beauty.
The story follows an outcast with a fearful power who ventures out into the unknown world to save her father and herself. Along the journey, dangerous foes present an ever-growing challenge, and players will have to level up, find equipment, and learn new skills to overcome them. Combat takes place in a traditional turn-based battle system, albeit an upended one. Notable mainstays like ability points have been redesigned from the ground up to support faster paced battles where using powerful skills is an every round affair, and the only way to succeed is through careful planning. Dungeon exploration takes a similar turn where intent and purpose help drive the player’s decisions. Whether riding hot air vents in a smoldering volcano, battling Cthulhu-like plant monsters in a murky swamp, or solving puzzles crafted by ancient practitioners of magic, every step and turn in Shadows of Adam promises to offer some novel experience, guaranteeing thrills and twists that will keep players guessing until the very end.
- 16-bit JRPG glory with a modern design
- 10-12 hours of gameplay (12-14 if you never figure out how to run)
- Delicious graphics (consume raw at your own risk)
- A deep, character-driven story with lots of humor
- No random encounters, you pick your battles
- Blazing fast battles that will set your pants on fire
- Four playable heroes with unique skills
- Save anywhere! (In case you get the sudden urge to start replaying FF6.)
- Inspired music you will find yourself humming twenty years from now
Shadows of Adam - Release Trailer YouTube
Shadows of Adam - Announcement Trailer 1 YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Indie Games Magazine - Screenshot Weekly." March, 2015
- "6 Reasons to Love Shadows of Adam"
- Continue Play Magazine, Continue Play
- "SCREENSHOT WEEKLY – BEWARE OF FLYING, ZOMBIE SHADOWS"
- Vinni Parisi, Indie Game Magazine
- "GUELSTIE INTERVIEWS: SOMETHING CLASSIC"
- Cay, Guelstie Project
- "Shadows of... AWESOME!"
- Matt J Howes, Matt in the Mancave
- "SHADOWS OF ADAM – SOMETHING CLASSIC"
- Arcade Attack, Arcade Attack
- "Shadows of Adam"
- Indie Game News, Indie Game News
- "Shadows Of Adam, 16-Bit RPG Heads To Kickstarter January 20th"
- Billy D, One Angry Gamer
- "SHADOWS OF ADAM ISN’T JUST ANOTHER 16BIT JRPG"
- Stephanie Smith, Cliqist
- "Shadows of Adam - Alpha Demo"
- FBG, Future Beta Gamer
- "Shadows of Adam Hits Kickstarter"
- Shawn Reynalds, Hardcore Gamer
- "KICKSTARTER - SHADOWS OF ADAM COULD SEE RELEASE ON WII U"
- rawmeatcowboy, GoNintendo
- "Creator Of Classic RPG Maker Series Is Writing For 16-Bit RPG Shadows Of Adam"
- Chris Priestman, Silicon Era
- "Top 5 Kickstarter Games: January 2016 Edition - Article"
- Jared Katz, VG Chartz
- "Shadows Of Adam Releases Humble Bundle Beta"
- Joanna Mueller, Cliqist
About Something Classic Games
Indie game developer composed of industry pros. Working on an RPG titled Shadows of Adam.
More information on Something Classic Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Shadows of Adam Credits
Writer, Map Designer